Numerical simulation is a service managed by our Training and Engineering department.
This department has a team of 10 experts in EMC and radio.
They benefits from the Group labs' experience and regularly work with the software publisher.
The synergy between classical analyse and simulation works for global assistance process as well as for occasional service.
Click on image to widen
The numerical simulation is a tool for our engineering in 4 main cases.
First one is the characterization of an environment (electromagnetic or vibratory). The subject can be to assess the features of an actual environment or on the go (for example with new transmitter). The objective is to describe specifications applicable to equipment which will have to be compatible with this environment.
The subject can also be to calculate the people exposure to electromagnetic waves before the manufacturing of an equipment intended to be used by general public or workers.
The second case occured during the product design. The numerical simulation allows to assess the risk of non conformity for equipment not yet available.
- Design and set in place of an antenna on a structure
- Design of a shielding box or package
- Optimization of an electrical connector
In mechanical vibration
- Design of a structure subjected to vibrations
- Design of a specific test tool
- Calculation of mechanical safety margins
The third case happened during the checking validation time and concerns the test preparation. The simulation allows to assess the risk of non conformity on products which are not available. This allows provisional validation before the made of prototypes. The range of analyzes is various.
- Calculation of the specific absorption rate (SAR)
- assessment of the shielding efficiency
- Appraisal of the immunity (coupling incident field to wire)
- Preview of radiated emission by a subpart
- Calculation of curent supply of a direct ligthning shock
- Research of the own frequency of a complex structure (housing, frame....)
- Appraisal of the acceleration in a structure following a shock
- Maximum deformation linked to an harmonic stimulation
The last case comes from a non conformity meet during tests. The numerical simulation intervene to validate or not the changes before carrying out a new test campaign.